Intergration with webparts

Apr 10, 2008 at 7:05 AM
I only managed to place a usercontrol inside a partialupdatepanel. Would be nice if there was a way to place a partialupdatepanel in a usercontrol, and place other (multiple) controls in the partialupdatepanel. Just the way the ajax updatepanel works. This way, when working with webparts, not all active webparts will be reinstanciated serverside, when just one webpart with updatepanel should be updated. Is anyone aware of such a solution, or will it be possible with partialupdatepanel in the near future?
Jul 1, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Does anybody find a way to bring together webparts and PartialUpdatePanel?

Oct 25, 2009 at 5:34 PM
Edited Oct 25, 2009 at 5:35 PM

There is a work around for this.

Use can use a outer user control and put the partail update panel in it and refer the actual control from partail update panel. And put this outer user control inside your web part.

So it will be like  From client      Web Part  ------->Outer User Control------- Partail UpdatePanel -------------> Actual User Control .

Oct 26, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Thanks for reply. Yes, we have done the same. Now problem is reinstanciating of all web parts after moving web parts by page. Can we avoid it without rewriting of all moving mechanism?

Oct 25, 2011 at 1:06 PM

Has anyone else had the problem of their control not being able to find the WebPartManager when inside of a PartialUpdatePanel? Trying to find the WebPartManager with "WebPartManager.GetCurrentWebPartManager(Page);" is returning null for me, as if the WebPartManager doesn't exist. Also my Personalizable variables don't seem to retain their value, as they should with web parts.

Thanks in advance.