iis 7 server configuration

Oct 16, 2008 at 11:57 AM
Hi.  We have already installed a small demo project on a remote server running iis6 which works correctly.  We have installed a trial copy of Windows Server 2008 with iis7 and the demo no longer functions.  The operation crashes when updating the PartialUpdatePanel with an error 'Resource cannot be found'.  'http:404' requested url /partialupdatepanelloader.ashx'

it would appear that it is a server configuraration error. Can anybody have any experience of iis7  configuration or the partialupdatepanel help us with this problem.

We are running .net 3.5 with sp1

Thank you

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2008 at 8:06 AM
Hi,

I havn't much experience with IIS 7 yet, because we are still running Windows Server 2003.
But I think a solution my be the following:

Using IIS 7 you have to configure the <system.webServer> section in your web.config.
This section makes most of the settings in <system.web> obsolete.

So try to add the handler in <system.webServer>:

<system.webServer>
    <handlers>
        <add verb="*" path="PartialUpdatePanelLoader.ashx" validate="false" type="iucon.web.Controls.PartialUpdatePanelHandler"/>
    </handler>
</system.webServer>

Please let me know if this works.

Best regards,
Stefan
Dec 13, 2009 at 6:23 AM

no it didn't work.

i tested it on iis 7.0 and i had same problem so i added this to webserver section and error remains

Jan 18, 2010 at 9:43 AM
Edited Jan 18, 2010 at 9:44 AM

You shuld use this code in your web.config

<system.webServer>
    <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>
    <modules>
        [...]
 </modules> <handlers> [...]
<add name="PartialUpdatePanelHandlerHandler" verb="*" path="PartialUpdatePanelLoader.ashx" type="iucon.web.Controls.PartialUpdatePanelHandler" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="integratedMode" /> </handlers> </system.webServer>
Thanks Stefan for your great job!
ClaudioCas

Apr 11, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Thanks Claudio for posting the solution for IIS7. You ended my nightmare.

Thanks Stefan for sharing your great work!

Feb 1, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Thanks ClaudioCas.

I am getting this problem from 15 days. thanks for this post thanks alot

Thanks
Rahul Kumar
My skype: rkumar670

Feb 1, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Thanks Iucon for this wonderful control

Mar 1, 2015 at 2:46 PM
thank you it is very helpful